The Guidance Department helps all students with subject choice, study plans and examination techniques. Students are made aware of the range of careers, courses and colleges available to them after secondary school. Students are given the opportunity to take an aptitude test and to complete career interest questionnaires.
- As part of Wellbeing provision throughout our school curriculum, TY, 5th and 6th Year students receive weekly classes in Guidance with qualified Guidance Counsellors.
- All our students receive training on study skills, revision and exam techniques.
- We use the World Health Organisation (WHO) approved resilience programme ‘My Friends Youth’ with all our first year students.
- Individual appointments are available for all students to discuss educational, career, social or personal issues.
- Visiting speakers inform students about courses and career issues and students are offered the opportunity to visit colleges on Open Days.
- Parents/guardians are invited to attend information evenings on the transition from primary to secondary school, subject choice, senior cycle options and the career and the full range of career and educational opportunities available after secondary school
- Contact one of our Guidance Counsellors
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel. 025-32598