The Guidance Department helps all students with subject choice, study plans and examination techniques. Students are made aware of the range of careers, courses and colleges available to them after secondary school. Students are given the opportunity to take aptitude tests and to complete career interest questionnaires.
- As part of Wellbeing provision throughout our school curriculum, 1st , TY, 5th and 6 the year students receive weekly classes in Guidance with qualified Guidance Counsellors.
- Training for all years on Study & Revision Techniques, Relationships & Sexuality education (RSE) & the World Health Organisation (WHO) approved resilience programme ‘My Friends Youth’ is team taught to all of our 1st year students.
- Individual appointments are available for all students to discuss educational, career, social or personal issues.
- Visiting speakers talk to students about career issues and students are offered the opportunity to visit colleges on open days.
- Parents/guardians are invited to attend information evenings on applying to college, subject choice and the transition for primary to secondary school.
- Speak to one of our Guidance Counsellors
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel. 025-32598